Monday, January 28, 2013

Victoria Beckham Says When It Comes to Fashion, She's a 'Control Freak'


Victoria Beckham has managed to balance a successful fashion career with her family life – but not without some criticism ... from her children!

In the March issue of Elle UK, the 38-year-old mother of four says her cooking skills don't align with her design talents and her brood will attest to that.

Stay in the know about Victoria Beckham by subscribing now.


"You know what they say to me, because I'm not the best cook, although I try really hard? They always say to me: 'Mummy, we know that the main ingredient in what you make is love,'" she says.

But when it comes to her clothing line, Beckham is the expert.

As her family moves back to the U.K. after years in Los Angeles while her husband David played for L.A. Galaxy, Victoria says she's had to learn to rely on others more as she continues to articulate her vision in a growing fashion empire.

"You've got to trust people," she says. "And because I am a control freak, that's difficult for me because I want to micro-manage absolutely everything. I can't hand over," she said. "But I'm trying to do that more. It's hard because I have such a specific vision."

Beckham credits her own work ethic – and that of her husband – for catapulting her into the upper echelon of the design world, where the former Spice Girl was a fashion plate in her own right before earning global respect for her clothing and product lines.

"It was never my intention to prove anybody wrong," she says of her success. "I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it. I don't have to work. I need to work. I believe you can achieve anything if you work hard enough to get it."

No comments:

Post a Comment